From my list of 22 movies I wanted to see this year, I’ve so far made it 12. Yes, I had to skip a couple, but that’s okay. I’ve also seen some originally unscheduled ones, as well, and found some I’d rather watch when they come out on DVD, or, in fact, not at all. (The Three Stooges? What was I thinking?)
I’ve also added a couple to the list:
- Seven Psychopaths – I just recently saw In Bruges, which was amazing, and I LOVED Martin McDonagh’s play The Lieutenant of Inishmore, so I can’t wait for this! Luckily, it’s out in just ten days.
- Wreck-It Ralph – A video game movie that doesn’t make me cringe!
- Rise of the Guardians – I was skeptical of this at first, but it’s getting amazing reviews and has already won awards despite it not even being out yet. Sign me up!
And a couple of movies I’ve loved so far:
- The Avengers – Despite it’s flaws, it lived up to the hype.
- ParaNorman – I can’t recommend this movie enough! The studio behind Coraline, Laika, has not failed me yet. The story is so touching, the art is amazing and I can’t help but love a children’s movie that doesn’t talk down to it’s audience. Practically perfect in every way.
- The Cabin in the Woods – Curse whoever let this go so long without getting released! This really was the horror movie to end all horror movies. Or maybe begin them. Who knows? Plus, I really missed Franz Kranz. And yes, it amazes me I have this many Joss Whedon-directed movies on this list, too. Don’t judge.
Overall, this has been a great year for movies. See anything good lately that I should add to my list?